Here’s our Boxing Day lunch! A seafood salad with a Moroccan twist
- 2 Moreton Bay bugs
- Cos lettuce leaves
- Half a sweet potato
- 1 punnet of Cherry tomatoes
- 80 gms Feta cheese
- Pine nuts - 1½ tbsp
- ¼ Red capsicum,
- Pomegranate seeds (about ¼ of a pomegranate)
- Coriander leaves
- Basil leaves
- Wasabi leaves
- Saffron threads - ½ tsp
- Saffron olive oil or Olive Oil
- Cracked pepper
- Lemon wedges
- Cut bugs in half.
- Shell prawns.
- Peel and cut sweet potato into small cubes and parboiled for 5 minutes or until still crunchy .
- Toast pine nuts ibn a dry frypan.
- Cute Feta into small cubes.
- Cut tomatoes in half.
- Cut capsicum into small irregular pieces.
- Chop herbs.
- Toast saffron threads in a dry frypan briefly.
- Assemble with salad leaves at the bottom. Save pomegranate seeds until towards the wend.
This was an excellent, light , refreshing meal to follow on from the over-indulgence of Christmas Day.
Enjoyed with two fine South Australian wines – a Nepenthe Sauvignon Blanc and a Wirra Wirra Rosé. Bon Appetit!