This is adapted from a recipe from Locatelli’s “Made in Italy“.
Bacon, Bean and Potato Fettucine
Recipe type: Main
- 1 Leek
- 3 Bacon rashers
- 2 Potatoes (peeled)
- 1 handful Green beans
- 2 tbsp Pine nuts (toasted)
- 4 tbsp Pesto
- ½ Large red chilli (diced )
- 2 tbsp Parmesan cheese (shredded)
- 150 gm Haloumi
- 1 handful Parsley
- Saute leeks in butter on low heat until soft, 5-7 mins. Cut bacon rashers into rough pieces and fry until crisp. Put aside.
- Slice beans diagonally into 3 cm lengths. Blanch for 2 mins in boiling water. Cut potatoes into small cubes (1.5-2cm) and boil until just tender.
- Cook pasta until it is a minute short of being ready.
- While pasta is cooking, add leeks, beans, bacon and potatoes to pan along with chilli and pesto and 1-2 tbsp olive oil. Meanwhile, fry cubes of haloumi until browned all over.
- Add fettucine to pan along with 2-3 tbsp of cooking water from the pasta. Add pine nuts and parmesan cheese and mix together to heat.
- Serve with haloumi on top and shredded parsley leaves.